Friday, November 19, 2010

Nog Smoothie

I wait all year for the holidays so that I can drink Silk Nog!!!




I do not at all enjoy regular eggnog, something about it just makes me feel weird and I can't drink it. Silk Nog, however, is all the wonderful nutmeggy flavor I want and none of the weirdness of it having eggs or dairy or whatever regular egg nog has in it. Oh and it's super delicious with bourbon.... just saying ;)

Anyway, Silk Nog is being drank a lot around my house now, and it only follows that I put it in a delicious smoothie! I don't think this is quite filling or nutritious enough for breakfast, but it's a good snack or dessert. I'm sure you could use normal eggnog, if you're into that.


Nog Smoothie

Layer the ingredients in a blender in this order:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 Bartlett pear, stem and core removed (leave the skin on!)
  • about 1 cup Silk Nog, or enough to cover the banana
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
Blend until completely smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment