You may think that carrots, cashews and a mushroom are odd in a smoothie, but they are really good. The carrots are slightly sweet, the cashews add protein and thickness, and the mushroom has practically no flavor at all (but it does have nutrition). If you'd prefer a sweeter smoothie, add honey or agave nectar. I used coconut milk, but feel free to use your favorite liquid. Also, leave the skin and seeds of the apple - they both have valuable nutrients (and you will not be poisoned by eating a couple of apple seeds!) I just cut an apple right down the middle and tightly wrap the other half for another time.
I never post pictures of my smoothies because they are always a deep green color due to the Amazing Grass Berry Flavor Drink Powder I put in every smoothie. It's an extra shot of nutrients, antioxidants and probiotics that adds to the wonderful wholesomeness the smoothie has already. It's totally optional but I highly recommend it - it doesn't change the taste very much at all.
Pineappleberry Salad Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon raw cashews
- 1 small to medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 an apple with skin and seeds, roughly chopped
- 3 one-inch chunks pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1 button mushroom
- good handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Berry Flavor Drink Powder (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla coconut milk