Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Green Curry Salad

I made this salad tonight and immediately wanted to post it on here. I came up with this combination after staring at this week's farmer's market merchandise for a few minutes. It has a crispy, fresh crunch; pleasing green, orange, red and white colors and plenty of bright flavors from the citrus. If you like things spicy, use more curry paste, or you can tone it down a little.

We ate this salad as a meal along with some roasted fingerling potatoes. I melted some butter, tossed the raw potatoes in it and spread them out on a baking dish. Then I covered them with sea salt, ground black pepper and four or five cloves of chopped garlic - baked at 450°F until they were done. I love to do fingerlings this way - in fact I often put down my fork to just pick them up and eat them like fries! The skins get nice and crispy and the insides stay creamy and moist. Deeelicious.




Double Green Curry Salad
  • 1/2-3/4 pound fresh green beans
  • 6 red radishes, sliced
  • 1-2 carrots, shredded
  • 1/4 cup tablespoons olive oil
  • 3-4 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon (or more or less) green curry paste
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley or cilantro
Bring a pot of lightly water to a rolling boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice and cold water. Trim the straggly ends off the beans and cut them in half if they are very long. Boil the beans until they are bright green but still crispy, about three or four minutes. Drain and plunge into the bowl of ice water.
Combine the olive oil, lime juice, liquid aminos or soy sauce and green curry paste in a small container with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well mixed and smooth.

Drain the green beans and pat dry. If you have a salad spinner, you could give them a whirl in that to make sure they're really dry. In a large bowl, toss the beans, radishes and dressing until combined. Garnish with the sliced almonds and minced herbs. Serve cold or at room temperature.

6 comments:

  1. YUmm, can have this salad even everyday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of using green curry paste in a salad (always use i hot dishes) great idea. Too bad I used my green beans at dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually use it on hot dishes, too... but after I started preparing the salad, I realized it needed something more than just the citrus and oil in the dressing, and I remembered the jar of curry paste I had from the last time I made a coconut milk green curry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous, i've never had green curry, but i bet it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these kind of green and healthy salad :)
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. oxo salad spinner

    ReplyDelete