Thursday, January 20, 2011

Red Potato and Pesto Bake

I made this as a quick lunch out of things that were already in my kitchen. The recipe is for one serving, but you could easily double-triple-quintuple the recipe to make enough. I imagine it would be very good for breakfast, also!

The specific pesto that I used here is my own Broccoli Pesto that I had in the refrigerator, but you could use any favorite pesto of yours.

Red Potato and Pesto Bake
  • 1 medium red potato, fully cooked and chilled, thinly sliced
  • 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
  • two thin slices of red onion
  • 1/2 a small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • small block of feta cheese
  • 1-2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
  • 1 teaspoon or so of fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • freshly ground black pepper
Preheat an oven to 350°. Spray a small baking dish with a little bit of olive oil. Layer the ingredients in the following order: potato, half of the pesto, onion, tomato, the remaining pesto, feta cheese, bell pepper. Bake in the oven until warm, about ten to fifteen minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and season with black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment